In the case of automatic enrollment, a participant is defaulted into a Qualified Default Investment Alternative (QDIA) based on their retirement age, as outlined in your Investment Policy Statement prepared with the assistance of Betterment LLC. Participants are notified upon enrollment and are able to modify their investment selection at any time. Depending on your plan terms, they may be permitted to modify their deferral election at any time as well.
Articles in this section
- How long does a Betterment for Business 401(k) plan take to set up?
- Does Betterment take on any fiduciary responsibilities?
- Does Betterment for Business provide fee disclosures?
- What is the default portfolio that is used for participants who are enrolled automatically?
- When can I upload my payroll file?
- How do I upload payroll for my 401(k) plan?
- Does Betterment for Business allow for automatic enrollment?
- What do I have to notify participants about?
- What are the required government filings?
- What if I need an extension to file one or more of the forms?